Friday, February 1, 2013

Post 4

I apologize I realized I did not do a revision for the last post.

So in this weeks writing center I ended up working with the same girl Nina I did last week. She is very informed ed and I learn a lot form what she had to say. We worked with a student who was writing a letter to the Junior Writing center wanting them to look over his junior writing portfolio. While going over the letter I gave some advice that he needs for support to encourage the writing center to go over his papers a second look. After words what made me feel really good was that Nina was very impressed with my ideas how people need support in certain areas without making the paper sounding wordie and just putting words in just because.

In chapter 4 we learned about active and passive voice, right off the bat I looked at it as active voice is talking about what just happened, and passive voice is talking in about what happened in the pass. This is just how I saw it, I know they are both are the same but for me by looking at it this way I was able to understand it better. Also passive constructions promote the direct object to subject position and needs to promote relevance, proportion, and clarity.

During my time at the writing center I worked with one student who brought in a scholarship application to be looked at.

My first time to the writing center I was working with a student who had a scholarship applocation to be looked at.

The first sentence is active and I made the revison to passive by changing worked to was working.

1 comment:

  1. Thats great that you are getting good feedback for your feedback for the help you give them. I'm sure that is really encouraging for you!
    Very nice simple revision.

    ReplyDelete